The team of the head office of the Monitoring Centre started on 1 January 2021. The head office is located at the Federal Agency for Nature Conservation (BfN) in Leipzig on the grounds of the Old Trade Fair. During the establishment phase, a dedicated team with a broad range of expertise built up the Monitoring Centre and the associated structures.
The current tasks of the head office are:
- Creation of the necessary structures
- Management of the Monitoring Centre
- Central contact and mediation office of the Monitoring Centre
- Establishment of the forum "Application and Research in Dialogue"
- Support of committee work
- Concept development of a nationwide biodiversity monitoring in cooperation with all stakeholder groups
- Maintenance and expansion of the current website
- Conception and development of the internet-based information and networking platform