Expert Committee "Improving the availability of data on drivers of biodiversity"
Biodiversity is influenced by natural and human-induced environmental properties and their changes. Therefore, capturing influencing factors and analyzing their effects provide a central part for assessing biodiversity changes as well as developing measures for biodiversity conservation.
Goals and tasks
The Expert Committee "Improving the availability of data on drivers of biodiversity"
- Advises the Principal Expert Committee on the topic of data availability on influencing factors on biodiversity
- Works on the current status and demand for data and information on influencing factors
- Collaborates with relevant central authorities and agencies to improve data availability
- Develops a concept to improve data availability on influencing factors on biodiversity
- Drafts a concept proposal on the topic of influencing factors as part of the overall concept "Advancement of nationwide biodiversity monitoring"
Current activities and topics
- Establishes a concept for categorizing influencing factors
- Prioritises influencing factors with the support of experts
- Develops a position paper as an interim report for the Principal Expert Committee
- Identifies key gaps in data availability on influencing factors
- Conducts a current-state-analysis of the recording/monitoring programmes of influencing factors on biodiversity in Germany
List of Members
Current overview of the members of the Expert Committee „Improving the availability of data on drivers of biodiversity”:
The links lead to the profiles of the individuals in their respective institutions, if available.